UCT online Registration 2024-2025
UCT online Registration 2024-2025
To enroll online at the University of Cape Town (UCT), students need to adhere to a specified procedure outlined for each registration date. Timely registration is essential, and it’s advised to avoid any delays. UCT announces the registration dates for both undergraduate and graduate programs, accompanied by the online registration procedure for prospective students. Following the steps meticulously is crucial to ensure a successful registration process.
Date for online registration for undergraduate and graduate programs.
University of Cape Town (UCT) Undergraduate Student Registration Date
|29 January 2022||Residences are open for all new students.|
|31 January 2022||Science Faculty orientation and registration commences|
|2 February 2022||Compulsory orientation activities & registration for all new students|
|14 February 2022||First day of lectures|
UNDERGRADUATE RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION
- All BSc students who are academically eligible to return and were previously enrolled at UCT before the current academic year must adhere to this regulation.
- Physical registration on campus will not take place, and students are required to register remotely using the PeopleSoft system well before they return to campus. Instructions on how to register with PeopleSoft will be provided in January, and it is crucial to regularly check your UCT email account.
UCT Registration Dates
- The final results for the academic year will be released by the system in December, while the results for the January supplementary, deferred, and summer term exams will be published on January 1st. Returning students who have no unresolved issues or missing results must register online between January 20th and January 28th, 2022. Students with outstanding results, including those taking supplementary, deferred, and summer term exams, must register between January 31st and February 3rd.
Click here to learn more about UCT undergraduate registration and how to register.
University of Cape Town (UCT) Undergraduate Registration.
Who should register and when?
- Returning postgraduate students and most postgraduate students are required to register at the start of the academic year. However, new Ph.D. students and research master’s students who only need to submit a dissertation can register at any time during the year.
Can visit this page of the Postgrad Hub for information on how to re-register.
New master’s and doctoral students
When registering for a thesis, you may be required to provide a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). This MoU serves as a contract between you and your supervisor and outlines the expectations and objectives for the upcoming year.
- If you are registering for the first time with a confirmed research topic and supervisor, you should complete the online Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) via the PeopleSoft Student Administration System.
- If you are registering for the first time and have not yet finalized your research topic, you should complete the online Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) via the PeopleSoft Student Administration System.
- An online guide is available to help you complete the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) online, and it can be accessed through Vula.
University of Cape Town (UCT) Contacts details
University of Cape Town, Private Bag X3, Rondebosch 7701, South Africa
Tel: +27 (0)21 650 2128
University of Cape Town
c/o Bremner Building Lower Campus
For more info on uct click here