SALES CONSULTANT : LIFE
SALES CONSULTANT : LIFE
Job Advert Summary
- The Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa (Land Bank) was established in 1912 and is the country’s only specialized agricultural bank. Its main focus is to provide specially designed financial services to South African commercial and emerging farmers. The services offered by the Land Bank enable farmers to obtain production credit, finance land and equipment, and improve their assets. The bank is committed to staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in the industry and constantly reviews its offerings to ensure they meet the needs of the sector. As the socio-economic makeup of agriculture in South Africa has changed, with new entrants from historically disadvantaged backgrounds entering the industry, Land Bank has been a vital resource, offering appropriately designed financial products that facilitate personal and commercial viability in a sector that is crucial to the sustainability of South Africa and its people.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The objective is to provide support to Land Bank’s insurance partners and intermediaries in marketing, selling and delivering Land Bank Insurance products to their target market.
- It seems that the job description involves a Sales and Relationship Manager position in an insurance company or financial institution. The job responsibilities include achieving sales targets, consulting the company strategy and objectives, independently making decisions, engaging with executive managers, monitoring sales activities, formulating and executing sales strategy, managing and negotiating sales contracts, managing stakeholder relationships, providing support to relevant parties on insurance products, managing branding, advertising and events, and coordinating relevant agricultural events. The successful candidate will also be required to complete a background screening check and should be able to work independently with minimal guidance, as well as in a team when required. They should also have good problem solving, analytical, decision-making, planning, organizational, and computer literacy skills, and be able to work with measuring equipment.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- NQF 4 qualification or equivalent (1 year) and FAIS representative certification
- BCom in Accounting/Insurance or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to navigate the FSCA site and verify intermediary credentials
- Familiarity with insurance products and services specific to the agricultural industry to keep up-to-date with attractive agricultural insurance products and services
- Knowledge of financial planning instruments and techniques
- Knowledge of short and long-term insurance industry
- Knowledge of relevant legislation applicable to insurance companies such as the FAIS Act, Short and Long-Term Insurance Acts, and Insurance Acts
- Marketing skills: the ability to present products or services in an appealing manner.